Let's get to it! (And happy birthday, you weird, wonderful website, you. Click here for the tag!
)1) How long have you been on deviantART?
Three years, more or less.2) What does your username mean?
It's literally the title of the book I was into at the time (Eat, Pray, Love). Nothing profound there
3) Describe yourself in three words.
Nerd, awkward, polite
4) Are you left or right handed?
5) What was your first deviation?
The photo sucks and (in hindsight) the product isn't much better, but I made it.
6) What is your favorite type of art to create?
I like writing and internet paper doll games. (Are there internet coloring books? Cause those should totally
be a thing.)
7) If you could instantly master a different art style, what would it be?
Digital, specifically Photoshop.
8) What was your first favorite?
I'm not sorry.
9) What type of art do you tend to favorite the most?
Hmm...I think photographs? I dunno, I haven't thought about this a lot.
10) Who is your all-time favorite deviant artist?ky-nim
11) If you could meet anyone on DeviantArt in person, who would it be?
See the above. Also pettyartist
, and maybe if I'm really
and her friends.
12) How has a fellow deviant impacted your life?
Well, I know at least four people on my watch/"friend" list in real life, so that's self-explanatory. Most of the deviants I've interacted with have more affected my style than my personal life.
13) What are your preferred tools to create art?
A word processing document (or a pen and pencil if that's not available)
14) What is the most inspirational place for you to create art?
I haven't thought about this too hard, either, but my room helps. A lot.
15) What is your favorite DeviantArt memory?
A while back, the artist formerly known as Goddess-Chachi started a mini-contest in her fan group. We were invited to write or draw something related to her Nuzlocke characters and Obon, a Japanese festival honoring the dead. (In practice, most of us ended up doing Halloween things, I think.) I entered this short fic
about a Gym Leader in her Platinum Nuzlocke and his encounter with the
ghost of his star Pokemon.
Imagine my surprise when the results journal came out and I won second place! Chachi said I was the only person to write something set in her Platinum run (which was a hell
of a lot darker than her SoulSilver run), and my entry got further bonus points for focusing on a Gym Leader she'd written as a minor villain. (I don't think I ever got my prize, but I won't begrudge her that. She's got too much else on her plate right now.)